Where is God when it storms? He’s right there. In the storm with you.
Believe that, and your faith is going to make a difference for you and for others. Do you need hope during this troubling time? Are you ready for some good news? Would it help if you felt you could make a difference for others?
This word from God says it all:
“But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect” (1 Peter 3:15).
- Faith listens. Solid hope doesn’t just hope for something but hopes in something. “The hope that you have” is an eager confidence in Jesus Christ as Lord, knowing that the future is in his capable, saving hands.
- Faith learns. Is someone “asks you to give the reason” you are a Christian, what would you say? Simple. You’ve learned something. You’ve discovered someone. By faith you’ve found Jesus, though he’s the one who actually by grace found you.
- Faith leans. Not on itself. Not on interest rates. Not on a secure job. Not on family harmony. Faith reveres “Christ as Lord.”Coronavirus is not in charge today. It is not the master. Jesus Christ is master and Lord, and coronavirus is his servant.
- Faith lives. Life doesn’t change faith, but faith in Jesus Christ changes life. “Always be prepared.” Because of Jesus you are ready for this.
- Faith loves. When you are demonstrating to others that you believe in Jesus, “do this with gentleness and respect.” Like Jesus, who compassionately healed the sick and demonstrated divine power. Answers are better than arguments.
PRAYER: You are Lord, Jesus. All creation serves you. Coronavirus serves you. And I serve you, too. I trust in you and am willing to follow you. When I’m tempted to look elsewhere for hope, call to my faith with your clear promises. And may my faith make a difference not just for me, but for others. Amen.
FURTHER MEDITATION: This weekend read Psalms 28-30. Go to God with your questions, concerns and hopes about the changing environment all around. His words will give answers. He wants you to have clarity and confidence, and you will when you spend time with him.