CONFIRMED IN JESUS
Confirmation messages give you clear assurance that an action is done and ready for you. A reservation. A purchase. Accepting a job. Are you confirmed in Jesus?
Notes And Next Steps
Revelation 1:4-18 + Part 1 of the series “Victorious"
The right hand in ancient culture was a sign of strength, honor and authority.
The hair on his head was white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars. (Revelation 1:14-16)
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and now look, I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.” (Revelation 1:17,18)
You cannot say that you love Jesus, but you don’t love church. Because Jesus loves church.
To the seven churches in the province of Asia … [he] has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve.(Revelation 1:4,6).
I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus … the Lord’s Day. (Revelation 1:9,10)
Spiritual Next Step
“You cannot say that you love Jesus, but you don’t love church. Because Jesus loves church.” Who in your life needs to hear this?
- What are some confirmation messages you have received when making appointments or purchases? How did they help?
- List some works of God expressed in the Bible as using his hands, for example, Jesus reached out his hand to save Peter. What do they promise today? (Read Exodus 3:20; Exodus 24:11; Deuteronomy 2:15; Psalm 102:25; Isaiah 40:2,12; Isaiah 41:10,13,20; Ephesians 1:20).
- If you are a confirmed member of CrossLife Church, share with the group the circumstances around your confirmation. How did you prepare? What was your confirmation like? Memories? What would you say to someone who asks if they should become confirmed?
- “You cannot say that you love Jesus, but you don’t love church. Because Jesus loves church.” Who in your life needs to hear this?
- Which feature of confirmation appeals most to you, and what you need on your faith journey right now? Clarity. Authority. Certainty. Direction. Communication. [Other].