I NEED MORE OF YOU, GOD
Generosity gives with fear, love and trust when it says, “I need more of you, God.” Proverbs 3
Notes And Next Steps
Proverbs 3:5-10 + Part 2 of the series “Ten For Ten"
Do not be wise in your own eyes. (Proverbs 3:7)
Those who trust in themselves are fools. (Proverbs 28:26)
“God, this day belongs to you. I belong to you. You don’t need me, but I need you, and I need more of you, God.”
Fear the Lord and shun evil. (Proverbs 3:7)
Honor the Lord with your wealth, with the firstfruits of all your crops. (Proverbs 3:9)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him. (Proverbs 3:5,6)
- As you watch episode two of “Living Generously,” what is Frank guilty of? Read Matthew 6:24. How does Jesus seek to correct our thinking?
- What does the word “firstfruits” mean in the business world today? In God’s Word?
- Read Deuteronomy 26:1,2,10. Before we give firstfruits, they are, first ______________.
- Read Leviticus 23:12,14. Firstfruits are _____________ and ____________ offerings to God.
- or practical encouragement about how to do this well, the apostle Paul teaches this (1 Corinthians 16:2). What are some key considerations for firstfruits giving? Share your experience and ideas.
SPIRITUAL NEXT STEP
Invest yourself in praying about why you do or do not practice firstfruits giving. Over the next couple weeks, we will talk about how to respond to God’s love and grace in our stewardship. Members will receive commitment cards to help consider and plan firstfruits tithing.