I SEE A NEW ME
The real power behind new year’s resolutions is not where they end, but where they begin.
Notes And Next Steps
Colossians 3:1-10 + Part 1 of the series “Vivid"
New you in ’22!
Leave your old self behind.
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices. (Colossians 3:5-9)
Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. (Colossians 3:1-4)
Don’t be afraid of change in your life, because your biggest change is found in Jesus.
Jesus made the new you to live not as the old you, but as the new you. So live!
SPIRITUAL NEXT STEP:
Look ahead to 2022. What is one way that you’d like to spiritually change, improve, and grow? How did today’s message give you greater faith that you can do this?
- Look back on 2021. What is something that happened to you that changed you?
- Look ahead to 2022. What is one way that you’d like to spiritually change, improve, and grow? How did today’s message give you greater faith that you can do this?
- Read Colossians 3:1-4. Then evaluate this statement: The real power behind new year’s resolutions is not where they end, but where they begin.
- Complete this statement: I think that one of the main reasons new year’s resolutions fail is __________________.
- Read Psalm 66:1-5. “Come and see what God has done.” Can the saving works of God in the past help us see more clearly into the future? Listen to the song “Yes He Can” by Christian artist Cain.
- Discuss how the video of the colorblind man seeing vividly could help you talk to a friend who needs to believe in Jesus. Pray for a specific friend who needs Jesus, and watch for God to open a door this week.