PEACE IN BETHLEHEM
Peace isn't something you create or control. It's a gift from above.
Notes And Next Steps
Micah 5:2 + Part 2 of the series “Advent: The Light Has Come"
O, Little Town of Bethlehem
“But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are small among the clans of Judah…” (Micah 5:2).
The people of God were looking for a bigger ruler who would bring better peace.
“Out of you will come for me one who will be ruler over Israel, whose origins are from of old, from ancient times.” (Micah 5:2)
Out of your smallness (not your greatness), Jesus comes to give you new life, to rule over your circumstances, and it will result in his greatness (not your greatness) as your peace.
God’s gift to you becomes your gift to him.
- What is one of your favorite Christmas carols?
- Small towns usually cheer for anyone from their town who becomes a celebrity, much more than big cities do. Why is this? Compare to your faith in Jesus.
- List at least 5 examples in the Bible where God accomplishes great, saving work from small circumstances or even nothing.
- Read Micah 5:4. This prophecy about Jesus describes his ruling style. What is it? What is the result?
- Share a situation of “smallness” in your life right now that you need to give to God for his bigger, better work that brings peace.