READ THE BIBLE
The Bible is God’s breath, speaking himself into us, speaking life, speaking love, speaking forgiveness, speaking hope, speaking answers to our prayers.
Notes And Next Steps
2 Timothy 3:14-17 + Part 1 of the series “The Power Of Routine"
Are you sure that your compass is accurate for life direction?
[The Bible is] able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. (2 Timothy 3:15)
Are you checking your compass regularly?
All Scripture is God-breathed. (2 Timothy 3:16)
Are you using your compass to make the right course adjustments?
[The Bible] is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. (2 Timothy 3:16,17)
- Paul encourages Timothy to continue in God’s Word, inspired by “those from whom you learned it” (2 Timothy 3:14). Who might that be (2 Timothy 1:5; 2:1-2)? For you?
- “Continue” means “hold onto,” and is the same word Jesus used in John 8:31-32 and John 15:5-6. True or False—When we have God’s Word, then we have the best compass for life.
- Consider a 1% improvement in one of the following areas.
- Consistency—Do the same thing a bit more regularly.
- Impact—Take God’s Word for that day with you in a more life-changing way.
- Content—If you don’t know where to start, you’re looking for something new or more guidance. https://youtu.be/4k2AR4OU9jU.
Overview—You want to understand the bigger picture.
- Watch the James Clear “CBS This Morning” interview about Atomic Habits https://youtu.be/i1Xm_MA2NwA.
NEWS AND NOTES
CrossLife family members, thank you for your Ten for Ten giving plans submitted last week. Envelopes will remain sealed, then returned to you after 10 weeks. Watch for encouragements from God’s Word during the 10 weeks of firstfruits, proportionate, and sacrificial giving!