SHAPED BY GOD
Just like mothers shape their children by nature and nurture, God has shaped you for significance. God has designed and developed you to be uniquely you.
Notes And Next Steps
Psalm 139:13-17 + Part 1 of the series “SHAPE"
You know me … You are there … Your right hand will hold me fast … If I say, “The darkness will hide me … the darkness will not be dark to you.” (Psalm 139:1,8-12)
Everybody wants to tell you who you are.
You created my inmost being. (Psalm 139:13)
You knit me together in my mother’s womb. (Psalm 139:13)
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. (Psalm 139:15)
Nobody is a better “you” than “you.”
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, God! How vast is the sum of them! (Psalm 139:16,17)
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. (Psalm 139:14)
- God loves variety! Mark the following T or F
- _____ God made over 300,000 species of beetles
- _____ Kelly Lane has 5 different names
- _____ In one cubic foot of snow there are 18 million snowflakes and none are alike
- _____ Give 10 people the same job description, and they’ll each do it differently
- _____ If everyone else would be just like me, this world would be a better place
- What does SHAPE mean?
Spiritual Gifts are special skills given only to believers.
Heart refers to what you love to do and what you care about most.
Abilities are the natural talents you were born with.
Personality affects how and where you use your spiritual gifts and abilities.
Experiences teach you lessons that help you mature and empathize.
- Read 1 Corinthians 15:9,10. What can Paul teach us about our sense of identity?