SHEPHERD. MOM. SHEEP.
What would our world look like with only men living in it? God’s gift of women changes this world for the better, beginning with our mothers.
Notes And Next Steps
John 10:22-30 + Part 2 of the series “Victorious"
“If you are the Messiah, tell us plainly.” (John 10:24)
Jesus came to deliver the world from sin, not select people, not at a select place, not for a select political party.
Before Jesus sees you as women, and some of you as mothers, he sees you as children.
“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.” (John 10:27-30)
- Jesus says he loves you.
- Jesus knows you.
- Jesus gives you eternal life.
- Jesus promises you will never perish and nobody can snatch you from his loving care.
- You are a gift.
- What do you appreciate about your mom? How has God blessed you through her? If you have no relationship with your mother, what do you need from God that those with mothers don’t (Isaiah 49:15,66:13)?
- What are some examples of inappropriate expectations our society places upon women? What are some biblical examples where God’s Word honors women?
- Has your mom taught you about Jesus? Write, call or talk to her and share what you appreciate about the spiritual life God has developed in you through her efforts. Or maybe you need to teach your mom about Jesus? Write, call or talk to her and share how she is a sheep of Jesus, and what that means.
- When Jesus says, “My Father … has given them to me,” (John 10:29) he is calling you a gift. You are given to him. For what purpose? (Hint: John 10:27).