THE BEST MARITAL STATUS
Much like Yasser Arafat arranged marriages for a group of PLO terrorists, Abraham arranged for his son Isaac’s marriage—with one big difference.
Notes And Next Steps
Genesis 24:34-54 + Part 10 of the series “Genesis: In The Beginning"
God designed marriage, we didn’t. Therefore, marriage is God’s.
Whatever your marital status—single, divorced, widowed, married or remarried—you have a relationship with God’s gift of marriage.
Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. (Colossians 3:5,6)
[Jesus] gave himself up for her to make her holy, cleansing her by the washing with water through the word, and to present her to himself as a radiant church, without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless. (Ephesians 5:25-27)
Prioritize your marriage relationship over money.
Abraham was concerned about the moral and spiritual status of Isaac’s future wife.
Abraham and his servant were willing to let God guide the way when arranging for Isaac’s marriage.
SPIRITUAL NEXT STEPS
- Read Hebrews 13:4-6. What is your earthly marital status? No matter what it is, this word of God is for you. How does it challenge you? comfort you?
- If your kids used the Message Notes today, make time to review them, ask questions, talk and pray. Let your child lead the way.
- How can you improve prioritizing marriage over money? How will it bless you? Pray about this.
- How can you give more value to moral and spiritual agreement in dating or marriage? How will it bless you? Pray about this.
- How can you let God lead your arrangements related to single life, dating, navigating divorce, or strengthening your marriage? How will it bless you? Pray about this. nd spiritual agreement in dating or marriage? How will it bless you? Pray about this.