THE FINAL WORD IS GOD'S
Our church is God’s house. Our giving is God’s test. And our blessings are God’s much. Giving is more about God than about us!
Notes And Next Steps
Malachi 3:8-10 + Part 6 of the series “Living Generously"
How to end a text conversation?
“In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—your whole nation—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house.” (Malachi 3:8-10)
“Test me in this,” says the Lord Almighty. (Malachi 3:10)
“See if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it.” (Malachi 3:10)
SPIRITUAL NEXT STEP
10 weeks of vacation!
- Do you have a suitcase at home? Get it out. Put it in a visible place. Leave it there for 10 weeks. Decorate it with vacation goodies like sunglasses, photos, etc. We’re going on 10 weeks of “vacation,” spending time in prayer with God and spending money on God! Be ready to make memories!
- Read John 15:5. What is the promise? (NOTE: Contrast “much” and “nothing.”)
- What concerns you about increased giving for 10 weeks? What excites you?
- Google the CrossLife worship song “Yet Not I But Through Christ in Me” by CityAlight. What do the lyrics say to you about increased giving for 10 weeks?
- Define firstfruits giving, proportionate giving, and sacrificial giving. What have you learned to appreciate about them?