URGENT CHRISTMAS NEWS
It's not normal to see angels, so when they show up God has something important to say.
Notes And Next Steps
John 8:12 + Part 4 of the series “Advent: The Light Has Come"
The angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” (Luke 2:9-12)
- “Do not be afraid.” Liberating news!
- “I bring.” Supernatural news!
The grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people. (Titus 2:11)
- “I bring YOU.” Personal news!
- “I bring you GOOD NEWS.” Good news!
By this gospel you are saved. (1 Corinthians 15:2)
- “Good news that will cause GREAT JOY.” Extremely happy news!
- “For all the people.” Not just our news.
- “Today.” Breaking news!
“I must stay at your house today.” So [Zacchaeus] came down at once and welcomed him gladly. (Luke 19:5,6)
- “In the town of David.” Royal news!
- “A Savior.” Championship news!
- “Born to you.” Baby news!
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given. (Isaiah 9:6)
- “He is the Messiah, the Lord.” Messianic news!
- “This will be a sign to you. You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Accessible news!
- Tell about some urgent news you experienced recently. What makes news “urgent?” What makes the Christmas gospel urgent?
- Look at the list of 12 news items in today’s message. Choose 3 that are most meaningful to you in your spiritual journey right now. Explain why.
- Which of the 12 news items would someone who doesn’t yet believe in Jesus appreciate and why?